1. Broadcasting rights of IPL 2018 are sold for a whopping ₹16347.5 crore to Star India Network. It means 1 ball costs around 21 Lakh Rupees.
2. In IPL, Delhi Daredevils is the only team that had never played an IPL Final.
3. Praveen Kumar had bowled the highest number of dot balls in the history of IPL. He has bowled 1075 dot balls in 119 Matches.
4. Interestingly, Praveen Kumar is also the bowler who has bowled the first-ever over in IPL.
5. Again, Praveen Kumar is the bowler who has bowled the most number of maiden overs in the history of IPL. He has bowled 14 maiden overs.
6. Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli are the only two Indian players to have won the most valuable player award in the history of IPL.
7. Chennai Super Kings is the only team in IPL that has never changed its captain.
8. Amit Mishra holds the record of highest number of hat-tricks (3) in the history of IPL.
9. Dale Steyn holds the record of most number of dot balls in one IPL Season. In 17 matches, he bowled 212 dot balls out of a total of 407 balls in IPL 2013.
10. Virat Kohli holds the record of most runs in one IPL Season. He has made 973 runs in IPL 2016.
He took 16 innings to reach this milestone, highest score being 113 runs in an innings.
11. In every IPL Season, RCB promotes the “Go Green” initiative by wearing a green jersey for a match.
12. Basil Thampi holds the record of most runs conceded in an innings i.e His figures of 0–70 from 4 overs against RCB.
13. K.L. Rahul holds the record of fastest 50 (in 14 balls) and Chris Gayle holds the record of fastest 100 (in 30 balls) in IPL.
14. Sachin Tendulkar becomes the first Indian player to win an orange cap in IPL.
There is hardly any record which is untouched by Sachin in the cricketing world. He made 618 runs in 15 matches including 5 fifties in IPL 2010.
15. Shaun Marsh becomes the first orange cap holder in the inaugural season (2008) of IPL.
He made 616 runs in 11 matches including 5 fifties and one hundred in IPL 2008.
16. Sohail Tanvir becomes the first purple cap holder in the inaugural season (2008) of IPL.
He took 22 wickets in 11 matches with an economy rate of 6.46.
17. Chris Gayle and David Warner have won orange cap twice in the history of IPL.
Chris Gayle in two consecutive years, 2011 & 2012 and David Warner in 2015 & 2017.
18. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (SRH) is the only bowler to have won the purple cap twice in IPL history.
He won the purple cap for two consecutive years, 2016 (23 wickets) and 2017 (26 wickets).
19. Mujeeb Ur Rahman is the youngest player in the history of IPL.
He is just 16 years old when he has been bought in IPL Auction 2018.
20. Mujeeb Zadran or Mujeeb Ur Rahman is also the highest paid under 19 player to feature in IPL 2018.
This young Afghanistani player has been bought for a whopping 4 crores rupees by Kings XI Punjab in 2018.
21. Brad Hogg is the oldest player in the history of IPL.
He was 45 old when he last played for KKR in IPL 2016.
22. In 2015, Parthiv Patel becomes the first Indian player who plays for 6 IPL franchises.
This is one of the funniest facts about IPL.
He started his career with Chennai Super Kings in 2008. Then he went on to play for Kochi Tuskers Kerala (2011), Deccan Chargers (2012), Sunrisers Hyderabad (2013), Royal Challengers Bangalore (2014) and the Mumbai Indians (2015-2017).
In IPL 2018, he is playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore.
23. Aaron Finch becomes the first overseas player who plays for 6 IPL franchises.
He has played for Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Daredevils, Pune Warriors, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Mumbai Indians and Gujrat Lions.
In IPL 2018, he is playing for Kings XI Punjab.
24. Lakshmipathy Balaji becomes the first bowler to pick up a hat-trick in IPL in 2008.
He (playing for CSK) picked up the first hat-trick against KXIP on May 10, 2008. He finished off with a five-wicket haul in that match.
25. Ashish Nehra (for DD) and Fidel Edwards (for DC) are the two bowlers who bowl the most economical over in the history of IPL.
They both shared the same bowling figures. They both conceded 6 runs in his 4 overs with 1 maiden over each and 1 wicket each
26. Zaheer Khan is the only player who is a part of the very 1st game and 500th game of the IPL.
He played his 1st game for Royal Challengers Bangalore and 500th game for Delhi Daredevils. Both ended up being the losing side in the respective games.
27. David Warner holds the record for most half-centuries in IPL (36).
28. Chris Gayle holds the record for most centuries in IPL (6).
29. Chris Gayle also holds the record for winning man of the match award, most number of times in IPL (20).
30. West Indian ace batsman Chris Gayle also holds the record for highest individual score in IPL.
He scored 175 runs playing for RCB in just 66 balls against Pune Warriors in 2013.
31. Chris Gayle also holds the record for most sixes by a batsman in IPL history.
He has hit 292 sixes in 112 Matches (as of May 20, 2018)
32. Kings XI Punjab is the only team that has changed its captain 11 times in 11 seasons of IPL.
This is one of the funniest facts about IPL. On one side, there is RCB who sticks with Virat Kohli as captain even after not winning a single IPL season.
And on the other hand, there is KXIP, who changes its captain in every season of IPL and still ends up on the losing side.
33. Instead of a two-year suspension from the IPL, CSK has reached the final 6 times, most by any team in the history of IPL.
CSK won the IPL trophy for two consecutive years (2010 and 2011).
34. Also, CSK is the only team that has qualified for the playoffs in every season of the IPL (except for 2 years due to ban)
35. Interestingly Chennai Super Kings also loses 4 times in IPL final, most by any team in IPL.
36. Lasith Malinga is the highest wicket-taker in IPL with a total of 154 wickets in 110 matches.
37. Rohit Sharma is the part of IPL winning team, most number of times (4).
First with Deccan Chargers (2009) and then three times with Mumbai Indians (2013, 2015, 2017).
38. Sandeep Lamichhane is the first and only Nepalese cricketer to play in the Indian Premier League.
He is just 17 years old when he was bought in the IPL Auction in 2018 for 20 lakh rupees.
39. Manzoor Dar (24) is the only player from Jammu and Kashmir to play in IPL 2018.
He has been bought by KXIP for 20 lakh rupees. He plays cricket during daytime and works as a security guard during the night.
His story is really very inspiring!
40. Chennai Super Kings has the highest winning ratio (60.42%) in IPL.
CSK has played a total of 144 matches (till 17th May 2018) and won 87 out of them.
41. Mumbai Indians holds the record biggest ever win in the history of the IPL. MI defeated DD (Delhi Daredevils) by a huge margin of 146 runs in IPL 2017.
42. Kolkata Knight Riders hold the record for most consecutive wins in a single season of IPL.
In 2014, KKR won 9 matches consecutively.
43. Delhi Daredevils (DD) and Pune Warriors (PW) hold the record for most consecutive defeats (9) in a single season of IPL.
44. RCB holds the record for making the highest and the lowest score in an IPL match.
Highest Score – 263/5 against Pune Warriors in 2013.
Lowest Score – 49 against Kolkata Knight Riders in 2017.
45. Mumbai Indians holds the record for most wins by any team in IPL. They have won 91 out of 157 matches (2008 – 2017).
46. Rajasthan Royals (RR) holds the record for the highest successful run chase in IPL.
They have chased 214 runs in 19.5 overs against Deccan Chargers in 2008. RR made 217 runs with the loss of 7 wickets in 19.5 overs.
47. Piyush Chawla is the only bowler who has not bowled a no-ball till 386th over in IPL history.
This is one of the rarely known facts about IPL.
Piyush bowled his first no-ball against Delhi Daredevils in IPL 2016. This means that he has not bowled a no-ball for 8 years.
48. AB de Villiers and Kieron Pollard are the only two overseas players who have played more than 100 matches for a single franchise.
49. Chris Gayle remains unsold in IPL 2011 and 2018.
This is one of the most shocking facts about IPL. An incredible batsman who has scored more than 10,000 runs in T20 runs remains unsold two times.
In 2011 Chris Gayle was picked up by RCB as a replacement and he scored a century in his first game.
In 2018 Chris Gayle was picked up by KXIP last minute and he scored a century in his second game.
50. IPL is the first tournament in the cricket history where four female commentators participate in the commentary. This happens in IPL 2015.
These commentators were Anjum Chopra (India), Lisa Sthalekar (Australia), Melanie Jones (Australia) and Isa Guha (England).